Re: Publishing threads from gnome-private archives

<quote who="Michael Meeks">

> On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 03:23, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > So, my first inclination was to request permission from everyone I'd
> > quote, but it would be prohibitive for some of the "more active"
> > threads. :-) Would it be unkind to assume that technical discussion can
> > be republished and/or quoted, even though gnome-private still has
> > private archives? (I would like to see these busted open anyway, so
> > perhaps that would help.)
>
> 	It'd be very interesting to see which threads you select.

Ooops, I meant to mention some of those when Havoc asked me off-list. :-)

Some of the interesting things I've found are GNOME 2.0 planning from way
back in '99, the reasons behind Nautilus taking over the root window, etc.

> I think my only concern (apart from being shown up a long term annoyance)
> would be that we made strenuous efforts to ensure that the _entire_ thread
> was pulled out - and preferably re-threaded [ I for one didn't use a mail
> reader that coped with threading nicely for a long time - and changed
> titles on the fly ;-].

Heh. Yeah, I think it would be good to link/publish the entire thread(s).
Didn't even think about threading issues, though there were a lot back then,
now that I look at it. Yuck! We had such poopie mailers... (pine, elm, etc).

Hooray for Evolution and mutt, mailers of choice for GNOME dudes everywhere!

 :-)

- Jeff

--
      "We've got a great drummer and a great singer. Those are the key
    positions. When you find a singer and a drummer this good, you don't