Publishing threads from gnome-private archives

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the gnome-private archives in the last few weeks, doing
a bit of reminicing, but mainly as research for my upcoming presentation [1]
at (the exceedingly cool) linux.conf.au being held in January which you
should all come to.

There will be fireworks.

Anyway, there are some fairly important historical threads that I would like
to publish in a more specific manner than quickly (vaguely) covering them in
a GNOME talk. Why we've done the things we've done, technical decisions, and
stuff like that. I think it's really important to have these more obviously
documented so we have something to point people to. I guess it would almost
be like a subject-specific very-out-of-date kernel traffic [2]. ;-)

So, my first inclination was to request permission from everyone I'd quote,
but it would be prohibitive for some of the "more active" threads. :-) Would
it be unkind to assume that technical discussion can be republished and/or
quoted, even though gnome-private still has private archives? (I would like
to see these busted open anyway, so perhaps that would help.)

Thanks,

- Jeff

[1] "Sequel Syndrome: The GNOME Project Grows Up" -> no, it doesn't have
anything to do with the Second System Effect... far from it! :-)

[2] As it happens, I authored a kernel cousin for a while.

--
          "One World, one Web, one Browser." - Microsoft promotion
             "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer." - Adolf Hitler