copyright notice format

Hi,

On Sun, 2002-12-08 at 02:31, Christian Neumair wrote:

> Sorry for not informing you.
> We had a discussion on gnome-i18n:
> http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2002-September/msg00097.html
> http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2002-November/msg00230.html
> http://lists.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2002-December/msg00001.html
> After reading *many* articles on copyright laws I finally decided to use
> the variant described in 2002-December/msg00001.
> I'm sorry for having omitted all maintainers. I've learned my lesson and
> it won't happen again (unfortunately I commited similar fixes to other
> modules). I'm very unexperienced and was obviously to motivated.
> Feel free to revert the change.

	I'm all for coming to an agreement on the format
for copyright notices across GNOME and going around fixing
it. I also see why this *first* came up on gnome-18n, but
I don't see why that gnome-i18n is the right place for
coming to a final decision. This (gnome-hackers) seems
like a more approriate forum.

	So, could you sum up to use all the reason why
you think this format is better than any others so it can
be discussed here ?

Cheers,
Mark.