Re: GNOME CVS: gnumeric bansz

On Thu, 2002-12-05 at 12:20, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> That is, unfortunately, a non-trivial fix.  Chema spent some time
> looking in to it, and I played around with the script for a few hours
> myself, and couldn't make it do anything useful with the branches.  Any
> l33t p3rl hackers should note that they can get it from
> CVSROOT/martin-log.pl

Each commit on a branch as a "Tag: foo-branch" for each directory.  I
guess it's *theoretically* possible to commit files to multiple branches
simultaneously, but I've been reading cvs-commits-list for 3+ years now
and I've never seen it actually happen.  I think just checking for that
string would be good enough.  (And if it isn't there, it's HEAD)

Example:

CVSROOT:        /cvs/gnome
Module name:    evolution
Changes by:     ettore  02/12/05 18:35:52

Modified files:
        .              : Tag: evolution-1-2-branch ChangeLog
                         configure.in

Log message:
[ ... ]

Joe