Re: Obsoletes in extra status

Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos gnome-db org> writes:

> GNOME Hackers, please, tell us if those modules are obsolete and then we
> will remove them from translation status pages (and also add a
> THIS_MODULE_IS_DEAD file).

I really think that the habit of translating everything in CVS
doesn't make sense, and there should be no reason to have
THIS_MODULE_IS_DEAD files except perhaps in the cases where things
have been moved to another location.

I should be able to create a module in CVS without "fear" that someone
is going to waste time translating all the strings in it ;-). CVS is
not an "application list"; the list of all modules in CVS is really a
meaningless concept, it would make no sense at all to do a
cvs up from the top directory.

> > > It's already removed. I have removed ezpaint, gmedia && libgtop-apps
> >
> > Thanks. The following are candidates too:
> >
> > Module		Last change of source code in gnome CVS

[...]

> > magicdev	Sep 1999

How are you figuring this??? Better check your script. Still getting
quite a few updates, latest being on September 11.

Regards,
                                        Owen