Re: Default directory for saving screenshots.

On 10 Sep 2001 10:07:45 +0200, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> On dim, 2001-09-09 at 13:12, Martin Baulig wrote:
> > Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au> writes:
> > > I guess my point is: if you're going to essentially "hide" the images
> > > from an 'ls' listing, please make it very easy for _all_ users to find
> > > out where the images went (the "directory to save images in" preference
> > > tells you this if you notice it).
> >
> > Which brings us to this old why is ~/.gnome-desktop a dot directory and
> > not something like ~/GNOME-Desktop or ~/Desktop ....
>
> I think ~/Desktop would be a good choice, since it is already used by
> KDE folks.. Another step to KDE/GNOME collaboration :))

I agree fully, though actually KDE using ~/Desktop has been an argument
against it in the past. Esp. since Nautilus should soon understand
.desktop files much better and use them as its default "links",
Konqueror and Nautilus should be able to share the same desktop icons
very well.

-Seth