Re: Default directory for saving screenshots.

Frederic Crozat <fcrozat mandrakesoft com> writes:

> On dim, 2001-09-09 at 13:12, Martin Baulig wrote:
> > Malcolm Tredinnick <malcolm commsecure com au> writes:
> > > I guess my point is: if you're going to essentially "hide" the images
> > > from an 'ls' listing, please make it very easy for _all_ users to find
> > > out where the images went (the "directory to save images in" preference
> > > tells you this if you notice it).
> >
> > Which brings us to this old why is ~/.gnome-desktop a dot directory and
> > not something like ~/GNOME-Desktop or ~/Desktop ....
>
> I think ~/Desktop would be a good choice, since it is already used by
> KDE folks.. Another step to KDE/GNOME collaboration :))

A problem with this is that we each put different default icons in our
desktop dirs (which is why we didn't use ~/Desktop originally).  Unless
we can agree on those icons (highly unlikely), this won't happen.

Of course, I really like using my home-dir as my desktop.  That makes
the most sense to me.

Thanks,
-Jonathan