Re: GNOME 1.4.1 beta2

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 07:19:35PM +0200 or thereabouts, Kjartan Maraas wrote:
> > > I'd really like to see a new gnome-core released for this beta
> >
> > when do you want this done by?
>
> As soon as you feel it's ready :) Seriously, I think we need to give
> beta2 two weeks. What to do next is open for discussion as I'm not sure
> how much time we need for testing of a release candidate if there is
> one, but if it contains gnome-core, nautilus (with dependencies),
> sawfish and more, I'd say it needs two weeks of testing too since these
> are the most important components of the desktop.
>
> What do others think?

I remember ploughing through a lot of gnome-test-plans. It took
-ages-. By ages, I suppose I mean... hmm. I spent a week or two,
I think. (My hope is that by the third time, I'll be faster :))
I didn't even touch the nautilus and evolution sections, just the
section on the other apps.

It's now been superseded by gnome_test_specs, and I think it would
be worth at least attempting to make it through those, but unless
a lot of people parcel up the work between them (ideally on several
different platforms etc) it could easily take two weeks.

And it doesn't touch "does it build, does it install" questions;
it's just "open this app. Try to do foo. This is the expected
result. Does it occur?". (Well, gnome-test-plans was. I should
check gnome_test_specs before saying that, I suppose.)

Telsa