Re: [G2R] Re: Gnome 2 core list

toshok hungry com writes:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 06:28:41PM -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:
> > >
> > > It's to be ditched and eventually replaced by a magnifying glass/color
> > > picker combo, that I would need to write sometime soon
> >
> > In GTK 2.0, there is a palette in the color selector.  We should hook
> > it up to GConf, and give you a way to fill it in (or select from a
> > preset one.)
>
> Could we have a brief discussion on colour selection in gnome-2.0 ?
> It would be useful to get the color-{group,palette,combo} from gal
> involved in these discussions.  They are well tested.

It'll just be a gconf key that you can listen to (something like
"blue,red,purple,black,#ffeedd...")  Anyone that wants to listen to it
can do so.  They can set it as well, and those listening will update
themselves accordingly.  Of course, this needs implementing (not that
it's hars).  Brief enough discussion for you? (-:

Thanks,
-Jonathan