Re: [G2R] Re: Gnome 2 core list

Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg home com> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 06:28:41PM -0400, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> writes:
> > >
> > > It's to be ditched and eventually replaced by a magnifying glass/color
> > > picker combo, that I would need to write sometime soon
> >
> > In GTK 2.0, there is a palette in the color selector.  We should hook
> > it up to GConf, and give you a way to fill it in (or select from a
> > preset one.)
>
> Could we have a brief discussion on colour selection in gnome-2.0 ?
> It would be useful to get the color-{group,palette,combo} from gal
> involved in these discussions.  They are well tested.

The GTK+ 2.0 Color selector dialog has a xsetting property that lets you
set the default palette.  This will be queued to a gconf key.  It looks
like we have a little legwork to do to make sure that the color-picker
sets the correct properties on the dialog, but it should basically work.

Thanks,
-Jonathan