Re: GNOME 2.0 Schedule

On Wed, 2001-10-10 at 21:10, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On 10Oct2001 01:41PM (-0400), Iain wrote:
> >
> > > 	* sawfish
> > > 	* nautilus
> > > 	* control center
> > > 	* non-deprectaed parts of gnome-core, gnome-utils and
> > > 	  gnome-applets
> > >
> > > And the g-c, g-u and g-a very definately need a good "is this part merely
> > > completely made of crack or does it actually contain something useful"
> > > lookover. A good deal of their contents definately isn't.
> >
> > (Try 2: My first try was too depressing to finish :)
> >
> > gnome-utils needs made useful. Can we add gnome-games and gnome-media
> > into the list as well?
>
> I'm all for crack removal.

I am as well, and I'll be doing a lot (the lot depending on how my
current boss is a wanker - sorry for the rudeness...) of porting work
over the next couple of days on the gnome-utils.

Some apps will probably go to the bin, some of them will need major
rewrites/cleanups (like the log viewer) and some can't be ported (gtt
which depends on gtkhtml in its current form, we don't have any sort of
gtkhtml-like in the platform, gtt will have to move to its own module).

Anybody has plans/ideas/whatever on the current apps in gnome-utils ?

Cheers