Re: intltool

on 10/5/01 11:31 AM, R.I.P. Deaddog at maddog linuxhall org wrote:

> Yeah, have it packaged and running. It works perfectly without any problem.
> Anyway, intltool was just sort of like a rename of xml-i18n-tools.

The substantive change in intltool is that if you use it as intltool, rather
using the xml-i18n-tools compatibility, you get consistent UTF-8 behavior.
If you use it as xml-i18n-tools, you get behavior that retains compatibility
with things we were doing in gnome 1 (for example, "XML" files that contain
a mix of locale-specific character sets).

    -- Darin