Re: GNOME CVS: libgnomeui baddog

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:

> > Modified files:
> > 	.              : ChangeLog configure.in
> >
> > Log message:
> > Add missing gnome-vfs-module path in CFLAGS
>
> Is this really the right way to do this? Or should libgnome-2.0.pc also
> have gnome-vfs-2.0 as a "Requires:"? The latter seems better to me.

libgnome-2.0.pc already listed gnome-vfs-2.0 as Requires; the path
in question belongs to gnome-vfs-module-2.0.pc .

Actually I have thought about adding gnome-vfs-module-2.0 as
libgnome-2.0.pc requirement too, but it seems that programs needing
libgnome-2.0 doesn't always need gnome-vfs-module-2.0 at the same
time. In other words, gnome-vfs-module-2.0 sounds not mandatory for
libgnome-2.0 .

In this case, is there any better way to resolve it? I'm not so
confident of my change (other than the fact that libgnomeui compiles
along with gnome-vfs 1.9.3 now).

Abel