Re: galf once more: application launch feedback

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Seth Nickell wrote:

> > Even given the constraint of detecting non-compliant apps, you can still
> > get rid of CORBA by having central-feedback-server as a library that the
> > launching-application makes use of. No need for extra processes or use of
> > CORBA.
>
> It would be nice if remotely launched apps also managed to use the
> application launch feedback mechanism.

They can do this just fine without using CORBA. All the actual detection
has to be done via X, which works just fine for remote apps. I believe
that CORBA communication is only done via this central feedback server and
the launching application.

-- Elliot
These three lines
	are for sale