Re: galf once more: application launch feedback

Elliot Lee wrote:

> > > There are three components in this system:
> > >
> > > * The central feedback server
> > > * The binary wrapper
> > > * The launched application
> > >
> > > As far as I know, most people have agreed on an arcitecture like this. An
> > > central feedback server is more elegant and gives more possibilities than
> > > having to run a "tracking process" for every launched application (like
> > > with Xalf).
>
> Even given the constraint of detecting non-compliant apps, you can still
> get rid of CORBA by having central-feedback-server as a library that the
> launching-application makes use of. No need for extra processes or use of
> CORBA.

It would be nice if remotely launched apps also managed to use the
application launch feedback mechanism. Using CORBA seems to be one
possible way to accomplish this. Perhaps the best approach would be to
have a library that hides the CORBA from the application programmer,
though.

-Seth