Re: GConf and bonobo-config - some ideas

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 01:37:04PM -0400, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Dietmar Maurer <dietmar ximian com> writes:
> > The question is if this is a common usage scenario. So what other
> > examples exists?
> >

> Well, I think you can always replace dynamic key names with a
> sufficiently complex data structure at a single key - so no, I can't
> think of an example where you can't do that. The issue is simply
> whether it's a good idea to do that. ;-)

Reading this thread a bit late and perhaps not knowing what the fuck am I
talking about.  But dynamic keypaths is soemthing I'll need in the panel.
There are per-applet configurations that just cannot be fixed.  Grapevine
currently does a weird hack to get this right by generating a unique part
of the path for each applet and PonG currently handles that as well.

I cannot possibly think how this can be replaced with a complex enough
structure without MAJOR reaces.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   What luck for the rulers that men do not think.