Re: Let's look into the future (aka "The ``Martin is back'' mail")

+++ Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 12:00:10PM -0400 +++
> First of all welcome back. ;-)

Seconded.

> Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:
> >   a) we declare libgnome and libgnomeui as officially dead
>
> As everyone knows I think this is more or less right, but it's not
> feasible in the GNOME 2 timeframe. Library bundling is bad; let app
> authors use the libs that make sense.

<ignore-me-i'm-not-a-coder>

Long ago, wasn't there the intention to turn much of libgnome(ui)
into gmodules and load them on demand only?

I think this would be a nice strategy to make the thing more flexible
and loadable modules would be a good road to the next big thing, which
will probably be turning as much as possible into Bonobo components
and controls and whatnot.

</ignore-me-i'm-not-a-coder>

mawa
--
Try IRCnet #linux one day. I might be there.