Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)

> Well, gee, it's because you need to provide a valid e-mail address to
> participate. Which supports my point that Gnotices as a WWW-based
> discussion forum could be stripped of many resident trolls by
> requiring e-mail registration.

Actually, its probably because it actively requires a valid e-mail
address to participate, whereas on one you create a hotmail account and
just type it in everytime you want a throwaway, you don't even need to
use hotmail. A bulliten board is like a one night stand, a mailing list
subscription takes more commitment. That's why you treat the mailing
list better.

-Seth