Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)

+++ Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 03:16:26PM -0700 +++
Sri Ramkrishna e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> > > I'm inclined to agree. Lets nix the ability to post.
> >
> > Why not simply require registration involving a valid e-mail address?
>
> That doesn't solve anything.  There are so many throwaway email accounts
> that I can get that I won't even have to monitor.

This has already been discussed: The hassle to create a throwaway
mail account and register with it for every troll posting is enough to
reduce the number of trolls.

> > I don't see people here agreeing about killing Gnotices. Maybe we
> > should run a formal vote on whether to:
> > a) continue it unchanged
> > b) require registration
> > c) instate moderation
> > d) both b) and c)
> > e) kill it off completely
>
> Stick it on the foundation list.  I think foundation members should decide
> not gnome-hackers.

Good idea.

mawa
--
When someone has broken off a relationship with you, you become very
unattractive, which confirms all the reasons they had for leaving you.