Re: gnome-terminal delete/backspace mess

Miguel de Icaza <miguel ximian com> writes:
> If you do not want to use a terminal with settable preferences, there
> is always `rxvt', `xterm' and `Eterm'.

I want to use a terminal with some preferences but without
crack-smoking preferences that confuse and frighten me. ;-)

xterm actually has these same two settings, they are just hard to find
(on alt-middleclick or something).

I like the command-line-option idea that Jeff had. I am happy to let
those who feel these options are useful have them in some way, as long
as I don't have to see it...

BTW, if we want to lengthen this thread a bit - Owen brought up the
issue of what exactly the scope of the g-t preferences is. I have some
bug reports where people say they "lose their g-t preferences" from
time to time. I think it has something to do with preferences being
per-session or per-terminal-class or something. What is the theory of
how this works so I can at least explain it to people?

Havoc