Re: gnome-terminal delete/backspace mess

> That's right, that is the whole point. ;-) The feature is confusing
> and rarely useful. Even if you were in this situation, I have no idea
> which of the two buttons in the settings dialog I would check, or why
> I would do so.

One thing is removing over-configuration from application, because we
can make a judgement call on it (Joel on UI, which is where you seem
to be coming from).

But in this case a judgement call on the feature is wrong, because you
can not make this decision for others.  You have no way of predicting
what a user using the GNOME terminal will be doing.

If you are using the GNOME Terminal, which is the least of the
end-user applications, the last thing you want to do is remove
important functionality.

Miguel.