Re: Reminder: shared library applets deskguide and tasklist.

> > The patch I posted to the list is still valid (modulo 2 little
> > conflict removals).
>
> As long as this is a configure option, I'd say commit.

I would like some peer-review action going on instead.

> This brings up another idea.  All of tasklist deskguide and the
> panel share two files called gwmh and gsct (or whatever they are
> named) They keep the lists of windows and all that crap.  I think it
> should work to just not link those files into a shlib versions of
> deskguide and tasklist, and that will cut down the X traffic.

I suggested this in my initial post, and Tim said that he did not want
to see it as a shared library, because it was not a finalized API.  I
think we can make a shared library and not install the headers files,
so it just becomes a runtime file and not a development tool.

But I dont see how a shared library would reduce X traffic, you are
confusing me.

Shlib applets would reduce traffic, because they would all share the
same X notification mechanims in the same process.

That being said, it seems like the maintainer of
gnome-core/gnome-applets (Berkman) decided to commit it (I think
"seems" because he mentioned something like this on irc, and I have
not actually talked to him about this).

Miguel.