Re: Bonobo / Gtk Menu / Toolbars...

Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
> > (Incidentally, this is a big reason to do GUI work in GTK - because it
> > frequently requires changes to or integration with the GTK core.
>
>         This sounds like the big library argument again, as in what should
> be where and why. So, I don't care much. I would suggest however, that
> rather than fixing things internaly in Gtk+ APIs should be exposed that
> allow each fixed problems to be worked around outside Gtk+ in future. Then
> we're all happy.

Well, we expose the APIs we anticipate in advance to be generally
useful, but one is not omniscient. And even if you expose those APIs
they may not be good enough without changing the semantics of the core.

A mail or bugzilla bug on the accel problems would be welcome, though
a thorough solution from us isn't likely for now since there are quite
a lot of pesky issues to be solved there and trying to do that would
delay GTK 2.

Havoc