Gnome Development Platform 2.0: A proposal.

Hello,

   Yesterday we had an meeting Federico Mena, Jacob Berkman, Lauris
Kaplinski, Michael Meeks and me about the gnome-libs 2.0 development
platform.  Today I discussed our plan in the meeting of the GNOME
Foundation Board of Directors.

   I promised to send the minutes from Michael to the list, but we
figured it would be better to produce a document with more bits of the
rationale.  Currently you can read the document at:

	http://primates.ximian.com/~miguel/gnome-2.0/platform.html

   Where we present our proposal and plan of action for the 2.0
development platform.   Havoc mentioned that we are targeting for a
July freeze date of gnome-libs.  Things that are not ready by then,
would be dropped.  I feel confortable that the plan we present can be
executed in a few months (having a sizable chunk of the work done by
Guadec).

   We can start defining milestones and time lines for the proposal
once we reach concensus.

   I will be checking the above documents on CVS as well.

   Comments welcome.

Miguel.