Re: Proposal for new naming schema

Martin Baulig wrote:
> This naming scheme is just totally stupid, you'll end up having some CVS branch
> without knowing for which package version it was created.
>
> You can set a CVS tag for the final release for 1.4 etc., but branches normally
> exist for a very long time and you cannot really know in which GNOME release
> the branch will go at the time you create it.

My proposal is to mark branches with SCHEDULED-FOR-GNOME-1-4 or some
such.

For example, the package "foo" maintainers will create a branch that
will end up in a version that will be in Gnome 1.4.
They name the branch "foo-0-8" since that's the "foo" version numbering
for their intended release. On the same time, they mark it with the tag
SCHEDULED-FOR-GNOME-1-4 (I'm sure others have better suggestion for a
standardized tag name).

This will help translators a lot, by providing a hint directly in the
module which branch's translations should be updated for Gnome 1.4.

Christian