Re: Suggestion for the News site

On 9 Feb 2001, Ryan Muldoon wrote:

> >   I suggest replacing the current news.gnome.org design with an
> >   advogato like (mob_virgule based) news and community site
> >
> (snip)
> > and I think an Advogato like site for news.gnome.org would fit the
> bill !
> >

> While I agree in one respect, I wouldn't want to hurt the advogato
> community.  A reasonably large number of the advogato community members
> are gnome people.  If gnome has its own mod_virgule site, why would they
> bother with advogato?  If there were some mechanism for diary
> crossposting and such, it wouldn't be as bad, but I don't want to help
> gnome at the expense of advogato.

More to the point, why should Gnome expend resources providing a service
that is already available elsewhere at a higher quality level?

The Zope/Squishdot stuff will get resolved eventually, people just need to
be patient and realize that their novel solutions would not get
implemented noticeably faster than the migration will.

-- Elliot
Who me? I just wander from room to room.