Re: time for a flamewar, or ... what about grdb

jg pa dec com (Jim Gettys) writes:
> Come on, folks, we had the principle right 16 years ago, about making
> customization work properly in a network.  Lets get back to the program, so
> that applications can run on the most appropriate machine in your environment,
> without having to import the file systems (which is not even possible in
> the face of firewalls).

GConf theoretically makes this work (and for non-X apps too). ;-) No
one's ever really tried using it with multiple machines though, so
there are probably kinks.

Anyhow, the GConf API certainly supports this, so I have confidence
that it will get fixed eventually with no changes required to
applications.

Havoc