Re: time for a flamewar, or ... what about grdb

I'll add to the flames:

While the resource stuff in the X server got over used, and the UI sucked
rocks, GNOME has gone to the opposite extreme.

Now, if I run applications around a network, I get random settings (usual
default), rather than the applications getting their customizations from
the X server.

This SUCKS ROCKS.

Come on, folks, we had the principle right 16 years ago, about making
customization work properly in a network.  Lets get back to the program, so
that applications can run on the most appropriate machine in your environment,
without having to import the file systems (which is not even possible in
the face of firewalls).

End of first rate rant and flames...
				- Jim

--