Re: time for a flamewar, or ... what about grdb

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 11:51:55AM +0100, Drazen Kacar wrote:
>   * grdb checks for user defined X resources (which then override anything
>     it calculates from the GTK theme) only in ~/.Xdefaults. This is the
>     reason why grdb would make my Netscape look like a crap, because it
>     wouldn't find anything there. It should look at all the usual places
>     for this kind of things (and probably be linked with libXt, which
>     would perform the search for X resources). For the moment I'll ignore
>     applications started from the remote server.

	Well, if anyone is interested in full resource finding, I've put
up my X resource code at http://www.jlbec.org/software/jres.tar.gz.  It
is a fully-Xt-compatible resource loader, but does not require linking
with Xt, only glib.  The glib dependancies can be removed with studious
emulation of the convenience functions.
	This code is LGPL.  The API is based on jwz's API in
xscreensaver/utils/resources.h, so most things are pretty simple (eg,
jres_get_pixel_resource() does color allocation if you want the standard
case).  Feel free to use it.

Joel

--

"I always thought the hardest questions were those I could not answer.
 Now I know they are the ones I can never ask."

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org