Re: Getting Bugzilla support into Bug-buddy

On 06 Feb 2001 13:12:06 +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:

> First of all, bug-buddy needs to use the current product/component list and
> the current configuration from Bugzilla instead of a compiled-in one. This
> stuff is at
>
>     http://bugzilla.gnome.org/bugzilla.gnome.org/bugzilla-products.xml
>     http://bugzilla.gnome.org/bugzilla.gnome.org/bugzilla-config.xml
>
> To do it perfect, each bug-buddy release tarball should contain a copy of
> these files, store it somewhere and ask the user on startup whether he wants
> to update it. This way bug-buddy will have an up-to-date product/component
> list but still work for people without network connection.

Thanks for this.  I've been waiting for this information.  I'll be
hacking this into bug-buddy tomorrow and the day after, and over the
weekend if this isn't enough time.

> As a first step, it'd be already enough if bug-buddy could reject all bugs
> for packages like Evolution, Nautilus, Abiword and all "general" stuff (*).

For the long run, what i'd like to do is have each package install some
information about where bugs should go.  I don't think this will get in
before 1.4, but hopefully it will get in there at some point.

jacob
--
"The people who made the Macintosh produced a miracle, but that
 doesn't mean their code was wonderful." -- Bob Cringely