Re: Multi-sessioning for GNOME [gnome-core/gsm]

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

> Darin Adler <darin eazel com> writes:
>
> > on 2/2/01 9:24 AM, Owen Taylor at otaylor redhat com wrote:
> >
> > > Please, everybody, and this is especially applies to the
> > > Nautilus people:
> >
> > Why does this especially apply to "the Nautilus people"?
> >
> > Nautilus runs mode that makes criticals drop into the debugger, unlike other
> > programs where you have to use "--g-fatal-warnings" or set a breakpoint on
> > g_log to debug them. We consider them fatal errors, and I think we're more
> > likely to track them down and fix them than other developers working on
> > GNOME components.
> >
> > Maybe you are referring to something specific?
>
> I'm only referring to the fact that when we tried out PR3 the
> other day, the screen was littered with -Critical warnings.
>
> Maybe this had something to do with a different build environment
> here; maybe we were doing things you don't do in testing there;
> I don't know. It wasn't pretty.

Hi Owen,

We build all our libraries (down to gtk, glib, ORBit, etc) from source
out of CVS here for development, and we generally use Ximian binary
packages for testing. In both cases, we don't get all these criticals
you mention. What library versions are you using?

 - Maciej