Re: the same page

> a) have "exotic" methods of input

They have pen input. Challenge size is minimal. Thanks to the wonders of
X11 that bit "just works". The scribble stuff looks like a keyboard, the
pen works like a mouse and pretty much only needs menus to stay up once
summoned. I've used gnome on a pen+keyboard computer for over 2 years.

> not really appropriate to PDAs. For example, windows are not a concept
> that I think is particularly desirable in a PDA. Nor are traditional
> GTK-style menubars. Obviously things like the GNOME panel and Nautilus
> are not appropriate interfaces even if the iPAQ hardware were fast
> enough to easily accomodate them. The list goes on...

Thats a window manager issue. I have a window manager that makes windows
almost full screen on both my pc110 and ipaq. All my athena widget apps
work wonderfully, Qt apps generally get it right, Gtk collapses in a heap.

In X the window manager gets to declare a size and ignore hints. Gtk needs
to fix its layout. This is already a desktop issue on mini-notebooks.

Alan