Re: the same page

Most of the core Gnome libraries are already a standard part of
the Familiar distribution for the iPAQ, as are a number of applications
built using Python/GTK technology using Glade.

All this (and the base window system and Linux) fits in less than 16 megabytes
of flash, and runs on 16 meg of RAM.  Given that the current iPAQ's have
both 32 meg of flash, and 64 meg of RAM, there is plenty of space....

We need a specialized window manager (sawfish is not the answer, unless
or until you are running across the net to a remote display), and a file
browser/panel gizmo would be nice.

Plenty to do for those who want some fun hacking....

Get off your rear ends folks, and come join the party...
                         - Jim Gettys