Re: GNOME CVS: gnome-core mmclouglin

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > So what's inherently more lightweight in SOAP in comparison to CORBA?
>
> Thats still comparing whales to one another.

I don't see what huge amounts of superflous information CORBA the protocol
passes around that qualifies it as a 'whale'. Sure it would rule to be
able to trasmit data (in this case, method invocation requests) without
using any actual bandwidth, but there's this evil 'Physics' thing that
keeps us from doing that.

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001