Re: I think we need this (implemented) bugzilla feature

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 02:45:06AM -0400, Mark Gordon wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 07:53:01PM -0500, Sam TH wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 01:10:08AM +0100, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> > > Linkname: :Mozilla Project: Bugzilla 2.12 Released
> > >
> > > *** Other changes of note ***
> > >
> > > - Support for moving bugs to other Bugzilla databases.
> > >   (bug 36133)
> > >
> > > GNOME-relevant bugzillas:
> > >
> > > http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/
> > > http://bugzilla.abisource.com/
> > > http://bugzilla.gnome.org/
> > > http://bugzilla.ximian.com/
> > > http://bugzilla.eazel.com/
> > > http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
> > >
> > > I expect I have missed some out. I think Mandrake uses bugzilla too, no?
> > >
> > > I don't know anything about bugzilla. I don't know anything about
> > > databases. I don't know anything about the complexity of this. But can
> > > can we use this?
> >
> > That looks really cool.  Unfortunately, from looking at my (AbiWord's)
> > bugzilla installation, it can only be used to move to one other
> > database.  You can change that database, but having to change it for
> > every move is really cumbersome.  So, unless there's some
> > particularily good target for bugs to be moved to, it's not going to
> > help us that much.  :-(
> >
> > sam th --- sam uchicago edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
> > OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
> > DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss
> >

> Maybe if there were a way to specify a central machine that would then
> route the bug to a bts that you can some how specify.  I'm picturing
> a bug transfer agent or something of the sort.

Well, they do get sent as email, so it might work.  The trick would be
giving the central server a way to figure out which one it was to.

But if someone could implement that, it would be a huge help for the
whole community (not just GNOME people).