Re: I think we need this (implemented) bugzilla feature

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 01:10:08AM +0100, Telsa Gwynne wrote:
> Linkname: :Mozilla Project: Bugzilla 2.12 Released
>
> *** Other changes of note ***
>
> - Support for moving bugs to other Bugzilla databases.
>   (bug 36133)
>
> GNOME-relevant bugzillas:
>
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/
> http://bugzilla.abisource.com/
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/
> http://bugzilla.ximian.com/
> http://bugzilla.eazel.com/
> http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/
>
> I expect I have missed some out. I think Mandrake uses bugzilla too, no?
>
> I don't know anything about bugzilla. I don't know anything about
> databases. I don't know anything about the complexity of this. But can
> can we use this?

That looks really cool.  Unfortunately, from looking at my (AbiWord's)
bugzilla installation, it can only be used to move to one other
database.  You can change that database, but having to change it for
every move is really cumbersome.  So, unless there's some
particularily good target for bugs to be moved to, it's not going to
help us that much.  :-(

sam th --- sam uchicago edu --- http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
OpenPGP Key: CABD33FC --- http://samth.dyndns.org/key
DeCSS: http://samth.dynds.org/decss