gnome.org home directories moving

As of this Saturday, April 21, I plan to move the FTP master
directory and the user home directories to our new server,
widget.gnome.org.

At this point, the main service remaining on the older server,
canvas.gnome.org will be CVS. At this point, we will probably
restrict logins to canvas.gnome.org to people in the gnomecvs
group.

What this means for you:

 * To upload tarballs, continue to log in to master.gnome.org

 * To do CVS surgery (if you are in the gnomecvs group), continue
   to log in to cvs.gnome.org

 * If you have files in your home directory on canvas.gnome.org they
   will be moved over

 * If you have files in your home directory on widget.gnome.org, not
   on canvas.gnome.org THEY WILL BE DELETED, unless you:

    a) Move them back to canvas.gnome.org

   or:

    b) Move all files you care about from canvas.gnome.org to
       widget.gnome.org, and then mail me (otaylor redhat com)
       and tell me not to move over your directory from canvas
       to widget.

You might have interesting files on widget.gnome.org if you
logged into widget.gnome.org directly. Or if you've logged into
www.gnome.org in the last month or so.

Summary is, unless you take action:

 - Home directory files on canvas.gnome.org as of Saturday will be kept
 - Home directory files on widget.gnome.org as of Saturday will be DELETED

Thanks,
                                        Owen