Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

On 15 Apr 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:
> Btw. some months ago, I remember that Nautilus used ~/Desktop as default start
> directory for newbies, but ~ for advanced users or hackers, so doesn't this
> feature already exist ?

Not exactly, but not far away. It uses ~/Nautilus as the "home"
directory for the Novice user level. It basically just contains an icon
for the Computer, and launcher icons for some very common applications.
The Intermediate and Advanced user levels show ~ as the home directory,
AFAIK.

Christian