Re: Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

Alan Cox <alan redhat com> writes:

> > The real issue is how we should respond to the automounter, not to mount
> > invocations from the terminal
> > or desktop context click.  The suggested 5-10 second update delay in this
> > instance is flawed.
>
> You make the automounter notify you.

Note that magicdev _does_ notify gmc, via a CORBA interface that Nautilus
could implement as well. (Well, magicdev would need to be ported to OAF,
I guess.)

magicdev is basically a quite clean design, in the GUI and desktop part.

Regards,
                                        Owen