Re: GNOME 2 Sound Architecture and APIs?

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 04:55:16PM -0400 or thereabouts, Elliot Lee wrote:

> NAS was considered when looking for a sound daemon originally. I don't
> remember the reasons why it wasn't chosen, but it probably deserves at
> least a brief reevaluation now.

Someone asked this at LCA in Sydney in January:
http://www.linux.org.uk/~telsa/Trips/Talks/lca-windup.html

    Someone from the audience asked why "nas" wasn't
    used, as it and esd were practically duplicates. Raster replied
    that in 1997, nas didn't work on Linux. It had been faster for
    him simply to write esd than it would have been to learn nas
    and then make it work on Linux.

I suppose I should go and capitalise this NAS thing now. I'd never
heard of it then :)

Telsa