Re: Announcing guile-gobject

On 05 Apr 2001 14:30:30 +0200, Martin Baulig wrote:

> It's basically a new set of scheme / guile bindings for GNOME 2.0 which is
> based on gobject. The main difference to guile-gtk is that it is using goops
> and g-wrap and that it's based on gobject.

Some months ago we talk about going the gwrap way so this s basically
good.
There is a BOF for bindings at GUADEC however I will not be there.

> This code is still very experimental and unfinished, I just hacked on it for
> about a week or so.
>
> Here's some example code:
And besides being experimental it depends on unrelease software (guile from CVS?)
but it sounds nice and cool
> ====
But what about speed?
Also it seems you don't use defs files
I personally want to use them to maintain standards between other
GNOME bindings

more later...

ariel