Re: Announcing guile-gobject

Ariel Rios <ariel linuxppc org> writes:

> On 05 Apr 2001 14:30:30 +0200, Martin Baulig wrote:
>
> > It's basically a new set of scheme / guile bindings for GNOME 2.0 which is
> > based on gobject. The main difference to guile-gtk is that it is using goops
> > and g-wrap and that it's based on gobject.

> Some months ago we talk about going the gwrap way so this s basically
> good.
> There is a BOF for bindings at GUADEC however I will not be there.

Hmm, I would have asked whether you're coming to GUADEC if this wasn't the
last time I check my email before leaving ...

> > This code is still very experimental and unfinished, I just hacked on it for
> > about a week or so.
> >
> > Here's some example code:
>
> And besides being experimental it depends on unrelease software (guile from
> CVS?) but it sounds nice and cool

I'm using the Debian packages for Guile and Goops.

> > ====
> But what about speed?
> Also it seems you don't use defs files
> I personally want to use them to maintain standards between other
> GNOME bindings

Well, I don't want to use defs files for gobject based datatypes since the
datatypes are already defined from gobject, but guile-gobject can provide
a dummy macro for this so that it won't hurt to have it in the defs.

More after GUADEC ....

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)