Re: news.gnome.org again

+++ Sun, Apr 08, 2001 at 10:26:58AM -0700 +++
Eli Goldberg e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> news.gnome.org is my home page at Eazel as one way to keep up with the rest
> of the GNOME project.
>
> For whatever it's worth --- and speaking for myself and not for Eazel ---
> my enthusiasm for contributing to GNOME on my own volition has
> substantially diminished after prolonged exposure to the toxic flamage on
> gnotices.
>
> Truthfully, I didn't know that gnotices *wasn't* indicative of the
> intelligence and maturity of GNOME users at large until Cody's message.

But of course it isn't. There are how many GNOME users? One million?
1.5 million?

How many of them troll on Gnotices?

My guess is: less than 10, as most of the trolls are probably sock
puppets (aliases of one and the same idiot). You should read
comp.os.linux.advocacy some day -- most of the trolls there are sock
puppets, posting about the same topics and in the same style all the
time.

mawa
--
Gänseblümchenzerrupfer!