Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:
>
> > Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:
> > > Hmm, maybe we should start using the new bug tracker for such
> > > maintainer-submitted bugs.
> > >

> > I don't think we should start using Bugzilla until we have a semi-plan
> > for how to set it up (what fields to have, etc.) - the defaults aren't
> > very nice. We can't easily change the fields later, I don't think.
>
> Hmm, yes, that's right.
>
> So we should start talking about the Bugzilla installation really soon,
> I hope to have the debbugs import etc. working until the end of this week,
> but can't promise anything yet.

I would suggest that to avoid this taking forever, someone with
experience with various bug trackers should take a look at the
various bug trackers:

 - Current GNOME bug tracker
 - Mozilla bug tracker (bugzilla.mozilla.org)
 - Red Hat bug tracker (bugzilla.redhat.com)
 - Eazel bug tracker (bugzilla.eazel.com)
 - Helix bug tracker (bugzilla.helixcode.com)

(Hmmm, I'm sensing a certain unoriginality in hostnames here.)

And come up a proposal for the fields we should have should have in
our bug tracker and their usage. (A list with short description for
each one - each bug tracker should have help text, though that
won't necessarily correspond to actual usage.)

Regards,
                                        Owen

BTW - in the lack of a better graphic, I can definitely adapt
the navigation banner from developer/news.gnome.org - though
I don't know if bugzilla will let us have an image map there
easily. It's rather confusing to see the big mozilla.org there...