Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

On 5 Nov 2000, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> This patch makes the tasklist applet a shared library, it does support
> multiple instances of the applet.
>
> There is one known bug on deactivation that I will fix later.  I think
> we should ship this as a shared library instead of a full blown
> process (same applies to the deskguide).

nope, that idea is not so good.

it's a good idea to merge the tasklist and deskguide at some
future point of maturity, but there are compelling reasons
to not make them shared libraries:

1) the gwmh backend is still unstable ALPHA and that won't
   change until it implements the new wm spec
2) gwmh is still a bit crashy in some areas, we don't really
   want that to affect the panel too much at this point
3) there are some subtle issues with window manager changes
   that cause major resource increases upon wm changes, not
   revertable during runtime

> Miguel.

---
ciaoTJ