Re: Proposed license policy
- From: Miguel de Icaza <miguel helixcode com>
- To: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- Cc: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com>, Ian Peters <itp helixcode com>, Ettore Perazzoli <ettore helixcode com>, gnome-hackers gnome org
- Subject: Re: Proposed license policy
- Date: 08 Dec 2000 02:32:14 -0500
> Libgtop is another example of a GPL library in gnome. In both these
> cases, the library does not provide functionality required to create gnome
> applications. I would have a problem if someone was using a GPL'd library
> as a way for collecting royalties from people wanting to use part of the
> gnome development platform.
DB3 is a GPL-like library that is dual licensed. Nice library, very
hard to duplicate, has created a real business, pays the bills of the
authors, promotes development of free software.
I guess I do not agree with ostracizing libraries because someone
chooses to GPL it for whatever reasons they have.
] [Thread Prev