Re: Subversion migration schedule (cut-off Fri 18 Mar)

Hey Ross,

On Sat, 2006-02-11 at 16:04 +0700, Ross Golder wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm sure it will all come as a bit of a shock to some of you, but CVS
> will shortly be reaching retirement age. He has agreed to stay on until

Just like Daniel, this is coming as a bit of a surprise, as the only
instance of an SVN migration mail I saw was a mail a couple of weeks ago
saying that the SVN repo was working (iirc).

I think that before the move is made, this page should be updated for
SVN:
http://developer.gnome.org/tools/cvs.html

My main concerns are:
- what do I replace prepare-Changelog.pl with?
- how do I tag for release, and branch?

This should be covered by a conversion of the page I pointed to, but I
want to be sure elements are not left out, and that plenty of notice
will be given before migration, as much for the casual contributors as
for the developers who don't have time (or the will) to learn the
intricacies of a new source control system.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>