Proposals vs. Do It Now [Was: GNOME following a non-free standard]

<quote who="Luis Villa">

> Luis (who thinks writing more proposals about gnome3, as opposed to going
> and coding examples of the damn thing, is likely to be a waste of time,
> sorry)

What we need right now is shared vision. I absolutely appreciate that code
is the ultimate defining force, but that can be exclusive as well as
defining, as we've already seen in recent times. I understand your point of
view here, but hammering on this point and making it a cultural touchstone
*will* seriously damange our ability to build a shared vision among us. We
need to regroup, not charge off willy-nilly.

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2005: May 29th-31st                           http://2005.guadec.org/

      "Trying to get a PC to analyse one of the most abstract forms of
   language - the poem - is like trying to drill for oil with a banana."
                               - The Register