Re: Proposed modules for 2.10 wanted NOW

On Thu, 2004-10-28 at 18:49 +0200, Philip Van Hoof wrote:

> > What desktop user goal or task might this help with?
>
> For example the scheduling of anti-virus-scans and backups. The
> scheduling of a sound alarm. The scheduling of specific events that can
> be launched by starting a process/application.

But these things do not exist in the GNOME Desktop yet.

And if they did, I would expect a UI that was more orientated towards
those specific goals or tasks rather than one that exposed concepts such
as cron tabs and at and scripts. However, I have not actually looked at
this software.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com