GObject documentation, license question

Mathieu asked me to forward this for discussion...

- Jeff

----- Forwarded message from Mathieu Lacage <Mathieu Lacage sophia inria fr> -----

hi all,

I would like to import a new module in cvs.gnome.org: a few people
contribute patches and work from time to time and it might make it
easier for them to do so if they can access the latest CVS tree. It
would be the source xml and sample source code for my gobject
documentation http://le-hacker.org/papers/gobject/ for which a personal
CVS tree already exists on one of my machines.

Since that documentation is currently covered by a rather non-free
license (ie: it has no license and redistributing is not permitted
unless I, the copyright owner, explicitly allows it), I assume I should
at least allow use and distribution under the terms of a more
appropriate license. I got a bit burned by the FDL in the past so, I
welcome input on what  users would find more appropriate. I would like
to point out that I will probably request (although not require)
copyright assignments for contributions to this module.

regards,
Mathieu

----- End forwarded message -----

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia         http://lca2005.linux.org.au/

       o/~ In spite of all those keystrokes, you're addicted to vim.
                              *ka-ching!* o/~